MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT. HOD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter this TOU at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. You must review this TOU on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. You can find the most recent version of the TOU at: http://www.hireon-demand.com/terms.html
CONTENT. You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (the "Content") posted on, transmitted through, linked from or relating to the Services, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item ("Item") of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Services. You understand that HOD does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Services, and that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the Website and Content available through the Services may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of HOD. HOD makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will HOD be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Services. You acknowledge that HOD does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that HOD shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Services, for violating the letter or spirit of the TOU or for any other reason.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES. The Website and Content available through the Services may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of HOD, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that HOD shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that HOD is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release HOD, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify HOD's agent ("Agent") for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement, at
Hire On-Demand, LLC
C/O Joshua A. Ridless
244 California Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- Identify the material on the Website that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it Website;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that: (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
HOD will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
CONDUCT. You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
- that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability;
- with respect to employers that employ four or more employees, that violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract;
- that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a HOD employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.);
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes "bait and switch";
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that constitutes or contains "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
- that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if: posted in areas of the HOD sites which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to HOD users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests;
- that includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as expressly provided by the "Services";
- that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law, including without limitation items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by California law.
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Services) that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Services.
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service - unless expressly permitted by HOD;
- post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to HOD's computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Services or the Website; or
- use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on HOD without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an "automated posting device"), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals.
POSTING AGENTS. A "Posting Agent" is a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Service on behalf of others. To moderate demands on HOD's resources, you may not use a Posting Agent to post Content to the Services without express permission or license from HOD. Correspondingly, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, to cause Content to be so posted, or otherwise access the Services to facilitate posting Content on behalf of others, except with express permission or license from HOD.
NO SPAM POLICY. You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to email recipients or users of the Services or through HOD computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these TOU, will use or cause to be used servers located in California. Any unauthorized use of HODâ€™s computer systems is a violation of the TOU and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. Â§ 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE. You acknowledge that HOD may establish limits concerning use of the Services, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Services, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Services, and the frequency with which you may access the Services. You agree that HOD has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Services. You acknowledge that HOD reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that HOD shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
ACCESS TO THE SERVICES HOD grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license (hereinafter referred to as the “License”) to access the Services for your own personal use. This License does not include: (a) access to the Services by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by HOD. A limited exception to (b) is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Services, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file. "General purpose Internet search engine" does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings or in any subset of classifieds listings such as jobs, housing, for sale, services, or personals, or which is in the business of providing classified ad listing services.
HOD permits you to display on your website, or create a hyperlink on your website to, individual postings on the Services so long as such use is for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes only (e.g., for use in personal web blogs or personal online media). If the total number of such postings displayed or linked to on your website exceeds one hundred (100) postings, your use will be presumed to be in violation of the TOU, absent express permission granted by HOD to do so. You may also create a hyperlink to the home page of the Website so long as the link does not portray HOD, its employees, or its affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
HOD may offer various parts of the Service in RSS format so that users can embed individual feeds into a personal website or blog, or view postings through third party software news aggregators. HOD permits you to display, excerpt from, and link to the RSS feeds on your personal website or personal web blog, provided that (a) your use of the RSS feed is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (b) each title is correctly linked back to the original post on the Services and redirects the user to the post when the user clicks on it, (c) you provide, adjacent to the RSS feed, proper attribution to HOD as the source, (d) your use or display does not suggest that HOD promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, (e) you do not redistribute the RSS feed, and (f) your use does not overburden HOD's systems. HOD reserves all rights in the content of the RSS feeds and may terminate any RSS feed at any time.
Use of the Services beyond the scope of authorized access granted to you by HOD immediately terminates said permission or license. In order to collect, aggregate, copy, duplicate, display or make derivative use of the Services or any Content made available via the Services for other purposes (including commercial purposes) not stated herein, you must first obtain a license from HOD.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE. You agree that HOD, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Services (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if HOD believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU. Further, you agree that HOD shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Services after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6 and 11-17 shall survive termination of the TOU.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The Services are protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Servicse is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of HOD. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Services without the express written consent of HOD, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Services. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Services.
Although HOD does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to HOD an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Services, you automatically grant HOD all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Services by any party for any purpose.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HOD DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HOD DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICES, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HOD DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL HOD BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF HOD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOWEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
BACKGROUND CHECKS. HOD does not conduct background checks, whether criminal or otherwise, or any verifications of the candidates or their credentials listed on the Website. User understands and agrees that HOD shall in no way be liable for the accurateness of any such posted candidatesâ€™ resumes.
INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold HOD, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Services, your use of the Services, your violation of the TOU, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
GENERAL INFORMATION. This TOU constitutes the entire agreement between you and HOD and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and HOD. The TOU and the relationship between you and HOD shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any controversy between the parties hereto involving any claim arising out of or relating to a breach of this Agreement shall be submitted to and be settled by final and binding arbitration in the City and County of San Francisco, California, in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”). The arbitrator shall determine a prevailing party. The prevailing party shall be entitled to its reasonable attorneysâ€™ fees and costs (including arbitratorsâ€™ costs). You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or the TOU must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
VIOLATION OF TERMS AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. Please report any violations of the TOU, by emailing to: TermsofUse@hireon-demand.com
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if it becomes necessary for HOD to pursue legal action to enforce the TOU, you will be liable to pay HOD the following amounts as liquidated damages, which you accept as reasonable estimates of HODâ€™s damages for the specified breaches of the TOU:
- If you post a message that: (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent, you agree to pay HOD one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such message. This provision does not apply to messages that are lawful non-deceptive parodies of public figures.
- If HOD establishes limits on the frequency with which you may access or use the Services, or terminates your access to or use of the Services, you agree to pay HOD one hundred dollars ($100) for each message posted in excess of such limits or for each day on which you access HOD in excess of such limits, whichever is higher.
- If you send unsolicited email advertisements to HODâ€™s users or through HOD computer systems, you agree to pay HOD twenty five dollars ($25) for each such email.
- If you post Content in violation of the TOU, other than as described above, you agree to pay HOD one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item of Content posted. In its sole discretion, HOD may elect to issue a warning before assessing damages.
- If you are a Posting Agent that uses the Service in violation of the TOU, in addition to any liquidated damages under clause (d), you agree to pay HOD one hundred dollars ($100) for each and every Item of Content posted in violation of the TOU. A Posting Agent will also be deemed an agent of the party engaging the Posting Agent to access the Services (the "Principal"), and the Principal (by engaging the Posting Agent in violation of the TOU) agrees to pay HOD an additional one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item of Content posted by the Posting Agent on behalf of the principal in violation of the TOU.
- If you aggregate, display, copy, duplicate, reproduce, or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content (except for your own Content) in violation of the TOU without HOD's express written permission, you agree to pay HOD three thousand dollars ($3,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
Otherwise, you agree to pay HOD's actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated. Notwithstanding any other provision of the TOU, HOD retains the right to seek the remedy of specific performance of any term contained in the TOU, or a preliminary or permanent injunction against the breach of any such term or in aid of the exercise of any power granted in the TOU, or any combination thereof.