Protecting your privacy
- We don't run banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- Cookies are used to track information and status within a session
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- HOD does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If HOD learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18 HOD will remove that post.
- HOD, or people who post on HOD, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, etc.
- We collect contact information, such as name(s), email address, phone/fax number(s), address and may collect billing information, where applicable.
- HOD does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on the Website that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Website, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Data we store
- All job board postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving and display of HOD postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with HOD—including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com—archive or otherwise make available HOD postings.
Circumstances in which HOD may release information
- HOD may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
By visiting our Website and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of HOD we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
Effective Date: July 8, 2008